GENESIS LIFE is a Christian, non-profit Association, registered according to the Romanian legislation on December 2007 and located in Deva, Romania. Our main activity is centered on the pro-life awareness and education/counselling on ABORTION. We address this delicate topic from different perspectives, given the fact that Romania was number 1 in the world in terms of abortion rate in 1990, with a frightening number of 992.265 abortions registered ONLY in State Hospitals – where registration was mandatory. Only God knows how many abortions were performed in private clinics, at home, using primitive methods…The statistics above was provided by the Ministry of Health of Romania. And the year when Romania was number 1 worldwide in this sad death statistics, our County – Hunedoara – was no 1 in Romania. In other words, for a population of around 23.200.000 in 1990, we were the Country/County with the highest abortion rate (density) in the world! The last census from October 2011 reveals that the present resident population of Romania is 19.042.936 (910.264 people left the country for long term working contracts, while 301.666 were temporarily present) If you are interested to study more statistics on abortion in Romania, click on johnstonsarchive.net
and be amazed! It is generally assumed that Romania burried BY ABORTION in the past 22 years a number of innocent children equal to our present day population! A whole nation was killed and burried in time of peace. Therefore, we decided to take a stand for all these children that have not been given a chance to see the light! Proverbs 31:8 gains new meaning in the context of abortion:„Open your mouth for the mute, in the cause of all who are left desolate”! GENESIS LIFE opened a PREGNANCY CRISIS CENTER on November 2009: NEW HOPE – ALTERNATIVES FOR LIFE. We were greatly helped, supported and encouraged by our dear friend Bert Block. We operate on a voluntary basis and strongly believe in a HOLISTIC APPROACH of each individual. Thus, we provide FREELY a series of services:
- Anti and post abortion counseling
- Emotional support for women that undergo post abortion trauma
- Pregnancy tests
- Support group for mothers and pre-school children
- Support group for pregnant women
- Christian counseling
- Counseling for dysfunctional families
- Material help to young mothers in financial difficulty (baby clothes, strollers, powder milk, pampers, soap, baby food, etc.)
- Pre-marital sexual abstinence, Sexually transmitted diseases and other Education programs about Abortion provided for some of Deva High-Schools, where we started to teach in 2009
- Home visits for women that are registered in some of our Center programs
- 2 Bible Study groups for Gypsy Children
- Awareness visits at the local Hospital, especially the gynecology section and new-born department. (We contacted most of the gynecologists in Deva, asking them to allow us to post banners with our Association and the services that we provide. And, surprisingly, 3 of them agreed to have these informations posted at their Abortion Cliniques!)
- Outreach through our own printed and distributed presentation brochure
- Outreach through mass media (article in the local newspaper)
- Outreach in local Churches, regardless of denomination, through prolife activity presentations.
- We organized an international Prolife Conference in May 2010, where 86 people from 5 countries, representing 23 prolife organizations attended. The topics were: “Premarital sexual abstinence” and “The Post-abortion trauma and healing”
Presently we have 10 volunteers, but we could use more, especially for teaching in Schools. We have a series of 13 lessons that we were able to present to a total of about 450 students since we started to teach in Schools. Our Center is located in a strategic, central place in Deva, Romania.
We are looking for:
- volunteers to help with the ongoing projects and activities
- prayer partners
If you are interested to get involved, please contact us directly. We are always happy to have more people join us!
This ministry is made possible by generous donations. If you would like to support us in this way, any finanial and in kind donation is highly appreciated.